Thursday, May 10, 2012

Just another average thursday...

Here are some fun things we have done lately- I have a sweet video of the Jewish Festival with bonfires I will hopefully put up eventually but for now trust me it was amazing!
At the Jewish festival- the men danced below around the fire while the women watch- we were in the middle of an extremely Orthodox Jewish neighborhood and were the only ones who spoke any English everyone else spoke Yiddish- amazing cultural experience!


Dormition Abbey- where Mary is traditionally thought to be buried- amazing mosaics!


Outside the Church of Saint Peter in Gallicantu  where they believe Christ was questioned by Caiaphas and where Peter denied him 3 times. Although a sad place it was beautiful outside with gardens and an amazing view. This is my lovely friend Amy
also same church- I love this huge purple bush with flowers so I had to get a picture here!

Jeff and I in the Upper Room- place where the apostles and Christ had the Last Supper Traditionally. Basically an empty room now but has gorgeous stained glass windows
Brooke, Kenzie, and I at a local Mosque- we learned more about Muslim worship and had a demonstration of a prayer they preform 5x a day when the Call to Prayer is heard- I hear it now in my dreams but fortunately have started to sleep through it:)

Annamarie and I on top of the roof of the tomb of David
Erev Tov! (good night) and Shalom from the Holy Land

1 comment:

  1. The purple bush with flowers! Ah. I'm so glad you went in summertime!

    ReplyDelete