Friday, July 6, 2012

4th of July!



Even though we did have to go to class on the Fourth of July, we had a great celebration afterwards! First we went and did Hezekiah's tunnel all in the dark- NO LIGHTS AT ALL! it was the darkest I have ever experienced in my life but so much fun. After we had a special American dinner of hamburgers, corn on the cob, fruit salad, and of course ice cream and apple pie! It was super yummy and I forgot how much I like American food! After dinner we played outside for a while then we had a Minute to Win it competition in FHE families and a dance party after. Sister Ludlow was great and made a special flag cake we lit with sparklers and sang the star spangled banner. Altogether it was a very patriotic day and I realize how blessed we are to live in a country thats focus is on freedom and the emphasis that it really was supported by God. I was reminded of the book 7 Miracles that Saved America that Grandpa Bob recommended. It reminded me that there were so many times where America should have not been able to break away from Britain but with the Lords help anything is possible!


Nate really happy about his hamburger


the oasis decked out in style

YUM!

Fun table

FLAG CAKE:)


Making our "USA"

The Ludlow's littlest daughter Melia and I

Having fun out on the grass

Kenzi and I! She has some pretty sweet red pants...





1 comment:

  1. I remember the amazing American food that the cooks made for us! And Christmas in July! Ah this brings back so many memories! It looks like you're having a blast! Also, I'm glad I found this blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete