Friday, July 27, 2012

Galilee

Wow 2 weeks in Galilee were probably the hottest, most amazing, testimony building weeks in my life! I loved being in all the sites that I read about in the scriptures. Here are some of my favorite memories:

At the Jordan River- there were little fish that bit the dead skin off your feet- it kinda tickled:) beautiful area that has the picture in the back of the Bible- we were able to sing primary songs and I love to look for rainbows which made me reflect on my own baptismal covenant.
Sunday devotional- Jeff and Amy sang as I played the violin a pretty arrangement of There is a Green Hill Far Away. Then we had some students bear testimony about Christ and what a strong spirit I was able to feel that one of the reasons I am here is to gain a stronger testimony of our Savior Jesus Christ and then to share it!

Me and McKenzie at the Mount of Tabor- where Elijah had a duel with the priest of Baal
Castle at Nimord where we climbed up and look down
Prickly pear moment- Jungle book came to mind, Rachel tried to pick one and had a prickle moment

Me and Jamie after we picked out a mustard seed from a plant- they are kinda spicy and TINY! the parable comes to life of how small it was.
This was our cool guide Eric- who was 58 and a guide from the Kibbutz, he was a character
Waterfall on the hike

One of the first missionaries in the Holy land- he died after a year teaching here and was buried in this cemetary- the cut off column represents life cut short
Bahai gardens- beautiful! They believe thier leader was buried in that building at the end with the gold dome on top, they have 7 million members of their church and their center was in Haifa here we were.

No comments:

Post a Comment